All outside burning in the Town of Hampton requires a burn permit to be issued. Applications shall be made either in person or by calling the fire department at 603-926-3316.
Burn Permit Guidelines
- As stated on the permit, the sole liability for damages or other costs (including extinguishing) caused by your fire are your responsibility.
- The burn site will be inspected by Hampton Fire and Rescue prior to the issuance of a permit.
- Burns shall be located a minimum of 25 feet away from buildings, fences, power lines, etc.
- Fires are not allowed on the beach in Hampton.
- The permittee must be at least 18 years old and the legal landowner, or have the landowner's written approval. The written approval must be submitted to receive a permit.
- The permittee must have proper suppression equipment to maintain control of the fire at all times.
Fire Law Brochure
The fire-law-brouchure.pdf (nh.gov) has the specific rules regarding outside burning.
New Hampshire Division of Forests & Lands Forest Protection Bureau
For more information you can call 926-3316 or go to: Welcome | NH Division of Forests and Lands