Hampton Master Plan Update
The Town of Hampton is updating its Master Plan, and is soliciting public input to help shape the town's future.
During the first phase of the project (which concluded in March of 2021), the Master Plan Steering Committee sought input on the Vision and Coastal Management portions of the plan. The Vision states the values and ideals that will guide the Master Plan. Coastal management refers to the actions taken to keep the coast’s natural environment, built environment, quality of life, and economic prosperity in balance; it includes resilience - the ability to thrive in a changing climate.
This first phase of the Master Plan update project was funded, in part, by NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management under the Coastal Zone Management Act in conjunction with the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services Coastal Program.
At the beginning of each Master Plan Steering Committee meeting (held the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00PM during the regular Planning Board meeting), there is an opportunity for members of the public to provide comments and share their thoughts relating to the Town's Master Plan update.
Comments may also be submitted to the Planning Office.
Additional opportunities for feedback will be announced as the process continues forward.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Two virtual workshops were held in August of 2020 to discuss the project and engage in a discussion about the priorities and visions of you, Hampton’s residents.
An abbreviated version of the workshop presentation can be viewed at youtu.be/hOPS1ICaOl8.
Materials created as part of the Vision and Coastal Management development process will be posted here as they are presented to the Master Plan Steering Committee for review. Please note that many of these documents are in draft form and are being shared with the Committee for the purpose of sparking discussion and soliciting feedback, not necessarily as suggested final products.
- MandM01_Scope (PDF)
- MandM02_Data Compilation and Review Memo and Matrix (PDF)
- MandM03_Data Compilation and Review Map (PDF)
- MandM04_Municipal Staff Questionnaire (PDF)
- MandM05_Review of Existing Online Survey (PDF)
- 06-17-20 MandM - Municipal Staff Questionnaire FINAL (PDF)
- 06-17-20 MandM - Hampton Initial Stakeholder List (PDF)
- 06-17-20 MandM - Hampton Public Participation Plan (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM Public Survey Draft (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM - Public Engagement Plan (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM - Updated Poster Designs (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM - Updated Yard Sign Designs (PDF)
- 09-16-20 MandM Interim Key Takeaways (PDF)
- 09-16-20 MandM Public Engagement Plan (PDF)
- 09-16-20 MandM Workshop Notes (PDF)
Click the links below to view presentations and documents that will provide useful background information about master planning in general, and the Town of Hampton’s master plan update efforts specifically.
- 2013 Vision Subcommittee_Compilation of Public Responses (PDF)
- 2013 Vision Subcommittee_Presentation to Planning Board (PDF)
- Elements of a Master Plan (PDF)
- Examples of Master Plans from Other Communities (PDF)
- Master Plan Sessions_Goals and Objectives_Rev 07-2019 (PDF)
- Master Planning in New Hampshire_Overview (PDF)
- RSA 674 1-4 _Master Plan (PDF)
- Town of Hampton Master Plan_Existing Plan Info (PDF)
- RPC Presentation_Hampton Master Plan (PDF)