- Permitting Process
Completing the Town Wetlands Permit Application
2021 Town Wetlands Permit (click to access a copy of the permit)
1. Design/Plot Plan – Bird’s eye view of your property
2. Plan must include the following features
a. Lot corners
b. Edge of the wetland or Highest Observable Tide Line (HOTL)
c. Include the following structures with dimensions.
i. Existing building including decks and stairs.
ii. Accessories structures such as sheds, gazebos, patios, and retaining walls
iii. Driveways and walkways (indicate the material i.e. asphalt, stone, or dirt)
3. Delineation of the 50 ft buffer line
a. In any instance where there is doubt as to the location of the wetlands boundary or HIghest
Observable Tide Line (HDTL) the burden of proof shall be on the applicant or property owner
to show the proper location of the boundary. Evidence shall be obtained by onsite
investigation and analysis conducted by a New Hampshire Certified Soil Scientist or other
New Hampshire certified wetlands scientist.
4. If the applicant and/or agent are not the owners, a letter of authorization must accompany the
5. A Town of Hampton Assessor list of names and mailing addresses of all abutters.
6. Public notification “abutter” fees as listed in the Fee Calculation Worksheet
1. Once you have completed the State and/or Town applications, file the State application with the
Town Clerk and the Town application at the Planning Office in Town Hall.
2. If State and Town permits are needed, you must submit both applications at the same time.
Once the application has been submitted your next step is to attend a