The Department of Public Works has created a pothole hotline where reports of potholes can be made. To report a pothole please call 603-926-4402 and leave a message with the location and nearest address. If preferred, an email with any photo attachments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The intent of this hotline is to streamline reports and help get us out there as quick as possible for repairs.
Pothole problems are inevitable in New England. Here are a few tips on how to minimize their impact:
- Keep tires properly inflated
- Leave extra space between you and the car in front of you, and look further down the road
- Slow down if you see cars swerving ahead
- Watch for puddles which can conceal deep potholes
- If you have to drive over a pothole, slow down by braking gently before you hit it
- Don't speed or brake over a pothole as you can seriously damage your car
This pothole hotline will bring you directly to voicemail, so if you need any other assistance, please continue to call our main line (603-926-3202).
The responsibilities of the Highway Division change by season:
All excavations within the Town Right-of-Way require a street excavation permit. See our Applications and Permits page for more information.