Permit Determination

Permit Requirements

You may need a State Wetlands Permit, a State Shoreland Permit and/or a Town Special Permit for your project if:

  • If there is standing water at any time of the year within 50 feet of your project
  • If your project entails crossing a stream or wet area
  • If your property abuts a salt mash, pond, stream or mucky area

Flow Charts

Every project scope and location is different. The following flow charts are helpful guides for determining which permits are necessary for your project: